We have been tagged by Lucy: http://life-of-pea.blogspot.com/
to list 6 wierd things about ourselves here, and then tag 6 more people to do the same.
Here are the instructions - The Rules: Each player of this game starts with "6 weird things about you". Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you're tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means.
I find this difficult, infact back to front, because I like weird things, and so what is unsusual for me are 'normal' things, if you know what I mean.
This blog is Toby's as well, so we are sharing this challenge.
6 weird things about us:
1. Toby and I can speak 'arb' which is a made up language where you put the sound arb infront of everything that sounds like a vowel, ie we are 'Parbennarby' and 'Tarbobarby'.
I learnt this many years ago at school, and taught it to Toby. There are other versions, using different sounds, and also backslang, that I know of, I can understand some, but we are only fluent in arb.
2. I am predominently right handed, for strength, and right footed, however I draw and paint with my left hand, so I think this is my creative side! I work fulltime as a freelance illustrator and create alot of small detailed drawings and paintings. However this is not quite straightforward because if I am writing or drawing large, on a blackboard for example, I would use my right hand. I use an airbrush for work, right handed. I use the mouse for the computer with my right hand, and I can forsee problems with this as I have just bought a wacom pen and tablet, ....which hand? it will have to be my left, as I will be drawing my little characters for work, and it is a pen, but, I am used to looking at the computer screen and using a mouse with my right hand. Will have to wait and see, not tried it out yet.
3. I hate eggs, any kind, the taste and smell of them. I eat cakes etc, things made with eggs, but not anything that tastes of them.
4. Toby is like a magpie, everytime we go out, anywhere he goes, he finds things, usually on the ground, lots of coins, jewellery, all kinds of treasures.
5. Considering myself weird, it is strange for me, for many years to have participated in somthing quite conventional, I played netball. When I lived in London, I was quite serious about it, training each week, running and circuit training, being coached, working out tactics, and playing in 3 leagues. When we moved 'up north' I joined a local team and played for years with them, but no coaching, not such a high standard, we would practise sometimes, but often just turn up for the matches and play. I tore my achilles tendon, for the second time, (different leg though) and finally retired a couple of years ago. I am a very competitive person and loved the tactical side of defending especially, not letting my opponant do what they wanted to do or go where they wanted to go!
6. Toby is a fabulous cook, which is unusual for a boy of his age. In the school hols he often makes lunch, or cooks the evening meal. Not ready made dinners, he makes for example a fabulous pasta sauce, using fresh ingredients, garlic, onions, chillis, tomatoes, fresh herbs, olives, ex virg olive oil, butter, and various other things that happen to be in the fridge. All I have to do is the pasta itself as a huge pan of boiling water is very heavy. He doesnt usually follow recipes, just throws things in together and usually ends up with tasty results.
Here are the people that I have tagged, hope you dont mind!http://magicalmiskellaneous.blogspot.com/http://frenchfancy.blogspot.com/http://madamebogg.blogspot.com/http://karenjinks.blogspot.com/http://scribblycottage.blogspot.com/http://saragarrard.blogspot.com/