Sunday, October 08, 2006

Manchester

Last week Toby had a school inset day (so he didnt have to go in), so I took a day off work and we went to Manchester, to the city art gallery, to see a textile exhibition http://www.manchestergalleries.org/whats-on/exhibitions/index.php?itemID=14 There were a couple of huge bean bags in the middle of the gallery floor to sit on. I sat on one for ages gazing up at all the scarves hanging from the ceiling. Toby was inspired and filled his sketch book with lots of ideas, it's nearly full up now! In the gallery shop Toby found this (pic above) beautiful new sketch book which he bought for himself.
We had a lovely day together, ending up with noodles at Wagamama's.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen Jinks said...

I love days like that - we spent the day at our city museum in the summer holidays but unfortunately the little one made it difficult to stand still and draw anything but it was fun all the same!

10/08/2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger tlawwife said...

I would have love to have seen that.

10/08/2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Love the new sketch book. That looks like a good exhibition. I like the Manchester art galleries, I used to live in Manchester many years ago.

10/09/2006 1:20 AM  
Blogger Sara Garrard said...

WAGAMAMAS! My favourate place. My friend introduced me to the wonderfull restaurant in Camden. London earlier this year. Its just so tasty isn't it?!!

10/09/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

Sara, did you visit Camden Lock? I come from London, and I used to go to a really good market there.
Penny.

10/09/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Sara Garrard said...

Yes i think we did do that market - i didnt know it was called that but thre was a canal and just before the bridge over it there was a great market, i got a pair of great fingerless gloves for £1. Then we headed to bricklane - there are some great print shops down there and we stopped in a bar called the Big Chill and had some wonderfull Sweet Potatoe fries. Im in dire need of a londo trip actually for some inspiration!

10/09/2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

As well as family trips, I have taken Toby down to London for the day, on the train, have to start really early and home midnight, but its good fun. Last time we went to the RA summer exhibition then Covent Garden for late lunch.
Brick Lane has lots of good curry houses, I havent been there for years.
Penny.

10/09/2006 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home