Friday, October 13, 2006

Society of Secret Fairies





Yesterday we received the most marvelous present from a member of the s.o.s.f. An enormous parcel arrived in the post from America, but I couldnt open it, which was SO annoying !! I had to wait till Toby came home from school as we are doing this together. Anyway, as soon as he got in, we tore open the box to find this amazing array of presents, each one encased in a beautiful handmade fabric bag. You can see in the photo's firstly the lovely bags, then the goodies, then a plate full of handmade choc chip cookies, and last of all a bag a buttons! After opening all these wonderful gifts we read the letter, telling us about them all, so kind, had me in tears (dont tell anyone - I am hard really!) BIG THANK YOU !! www.smalltownrambling.blogspot.com
(Laurence, Toby and I, have eaten nearly all of the cookies already, they are delicious, there are only 2 left!

6 Comments:

Blogger Soozcat said...

What a lovely package! Well done, tlawwife. (Except now I'm craving seven-layer cookies for some reason...)

10/13/2006 11:57 PM  
Blogger tlawwife said...

I am so glad that you like it and that it arrived safely. Once I sent my daughter a package and it arrived minus the food.

10/14/2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger tlchang said...

Yeah - now have the cookie cravings! What a lovely package. The handmade gift bags are an especially nice touch.

10/14/2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

The cookies look really good, I am not surprised they are all gone. I would just like to say thank you for the comment you left on my site after I had posted about my mother. Reading other people's stories of aged parents, for some reason, lightens one's own burden, knowing there have been more of us in the same position.

10/15/2006 1:13 AM  
Blogger Gretel said...

What a great parcel, I like the idea of sending homemade biscuits!

10/17/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

Yep, the biscuits were lovely, they were packed in some kind of vaccum packaging so no air inside to keep fresh.
Penny.

10/17/2006 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home