Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hemp Necklace

Here is another of Toby's commissioned pieces. A necklace made from hemp cord, which has been coloured with natural dye, plaited and then strung and knotted with a selection of buttons, some mother of pearl, provided by the client, and also Toby's vintage and new beads and buttons. There is a loop of hemp which hooks over the buttons so that the necklace can fit different sizes or hang at various lengths and it's finished off with pretty vintage crystals dangling down at the front.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara Garrard said...

I love this - do you have anymore or was it a one off?
I'd quite like one for my mum for Christmas if you have the stock!

12/02/2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

Hi Sara,
Thanks!
I have something similar but if you dont like it you can always commision at the same price, in the same way as the 'how to' post at the top. I will email you privately with further details.
Toby.

12/02/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very beautiful colours!
I like this blog, very interesting and cute,
thanks for stopping by on my blog earlier!
Ch

12/02/2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger Magpie Magic said...

This is beautiful. I love the mix of shimmery colours with the rough texture of the string.

12/03/2006 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home