Friday, November 10, 2006

Mine, all MINE !!

Do you remember my bracelet, posted here in September? (take a look back). Well, it has had the most wonderful transformation, and I just LOVE it! I am sure some of you might think it is weird or strange, but what I adore is the combination of reclaimed chains and poppers, hooks and eyes, old washer, curtain rings etc with the pretty pearls. I am not the kind of person who wears 'pretty pretty' jewellery, and I love quirky and alternative things, so this is just right for me. It is wonderful to wear, looks even better on, lots of movement, I am SO pleased!

I was feeling fed up, and Toby said, 'come on, lets do your bracelet, what would you like?' I had the honour of sitting down, next to his work table, and having it made, on me, while I was wearing it! I was able to pick and choose from all his treasures and say where I wanted what, and Toby linked them all onto the bracelet for me. Of course he advised and added his ideas as well.

It has really made my day, what a lucky Mum I am, a big THANK YOU Toby!

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen Jinks said...

oh you are a very lucky mum and I am very jealous!! That is a wonderful and original piece of jewellery.

11/10/2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger tlchang said...

That is such a nice image - picturing the two of you sitting together, jointly creating and designing. Gives me warm fuzzies. (My 17 year old son is not that chummy for more than a few moments at a time). Be grateful and enjoy.

11/11/2006 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowwwww! That's stunning! I love the recycled theme. A craft shop near us ran a range of jewellery made from old computer components...bits of circuit board, etc and I lusted after it..alas, before I could save my pennies the shop closed. :-(

Well done Toby!

11/11/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Gorgeous work! I'd wear that; I used to do a lot of jewellery but just don't have time at the moment. I have various bits 'in store' for when the moment comes.

11/12/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Sara Garrard said...

It's a charm bracelet that actually does have charm! Great!

Sara

11/13/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Magpie Magic said...

This is just getting better and better! :-)

11/13/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger Niki Fretwell said...

Recycling at its best! It is stunning!
Lucky you!

11/14/2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home