Wednesday, February 21, 2007

London and Tigertail





Hi every-one,

It's now my half term so me and my mum went down to London for the night to see my Grandad, and to visit Electrum, a contemporary jewellery gallery on South Moulton street in central London. The gallery was amazing! I spent the first 10 minutes or so constantly saying " Wow, mum come look at this!", there were things made out of everything from precious metals and diamonds to twigs and newspapers! Some of my favourite pieces were some giant crocheted wire things that go round your neck ( they're called 'ruffs' or something aren't they? )
Also we toured round all the 8 or so charity shops in Muswell Hill (where my Grandad lives)
and bought a tupper-ware-box-full of buttons! There are some lovely ones in there like this gorgeous victorian black glass button and 7 or 8 of these really cute little cobalt blue glass buttons.
On arrival home i decided that i wanted to make some tigertail necklaces to go with the bracelets. Here they are, if anyone wants to buy one, they are about 39cm long, both the chilli and heart charms are glass, they are strung with seed beads on tigertail. Please email me at: info@naturalattrill.co.uk if you are interested, I can make them in different sizes/colours.
Today my dad (laurence) gave me a new drill bit so i could drill some holes in my purple shells, next i'll be trying the ones that caroline gave to me!
My next project is to make some lariat bracelets with my mum for our friend Sybille.
Toby
x

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

its good to read you had a nice trip down to london and by the sounds of it fitted in quite alot-gallery-charity shop hunting and to see your grandad i love charity shops but the ones in preston are not so good-they are very small and the oxfam vintage is bit overpriced. thanks for the comment about my teeth. i seem to have struck a note with these little creations as i have sold three baby teeth already! bet you all sorts planned for the half term holiday! dx

2/21/2007 3:12 PM  
Blogger Mauricio said...

Nice work you have, congratulations

2/22/2007 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been having a wonderful half term. Love that glass heart.

2/23/2007 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home