Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Cats for sale, Bradford and indigo


Here are 2 little necklaces that Toby has made using tigertail strung with tiny seed beads and cat charms. When open, the white cat necklace is approx 43cm long, and the black cat on the moon is a little smaller, approx 40cm. Email Toby for prices and orders at: info@naturalattrill.co.uk
A cheque came in the post yesterday, hurrah!! Toby has sold a necklace set and a bracelet at the gallery in Bradford we told you about last year: www.uniquearts.co.uk
Laurence, Toby and I went to the Whitworth Gallery in Manchester on Sunday, for a family day out, which included a curry in Rusholme! As usual there were many interesting things to see at the Whitworth, paintings, textiles, and especially at the moment an exhibition: 'Indigo, a blue to dye for' was showing www.manchester.ac.uk/whitworth, well worth a visit. 'Indigo' will also be showing in Plymouth from mid May, and Brighton from end September this year.
Anyone reading this, please leave us a comment, it is good to hear from you!
Penny.

8 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Its really excellent Toby is doing so well. I have not made any necklaces for awhile with the move and after seeing all your lovely beads must get back to it.

3/07/2007 4:03 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

They're GORGEOUS, Penny -

I know what you mean about the comments; I thought for a while that nobody read mine, because of the lack of comments. When I got a Statstracker it was quite a surprise to see how many visits there really were!

So here's me waving!

3/07/2007 7:21 PM  
Blogger tlawwife said...

I'm sitting here envious of your opportunities to go to those great exhibitions. The necklaces are great.

3/08/2007 6:29 AM  
Blogger Magpie Magic said...

Hi Toby and Penny,

Love the new cat necklaces - it's so difficult to get nice cat pendants, but these are lovely!

Hurray for Toby! It's great to see you doing so well. All my friends loved the bracelets you made for me.

3/08/2007 2:39 PM  
Blogger lettuce said...

these are great. What is tigertail?

Yes, I did see your bag charm, its one of the pieces I liked best. (I have designs on some of Toby's jewellery, its not tooooo long till my birthday...)

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my beach tassel. Its probably my favourite - along with another which has old boot buttons on it, but thats mostly to do with the buttons. I've always always picked up stones with holes on the beach (along with lots of other things....) and its great to find other ways to use them.

3/09/2007 8:11 AM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

Lettuce, Tigertail is a nylon coloured beading wire, it is really strong, and gives a different shape to adding the beads onto a limp string or cord.
Penny.

3/09/2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

Lettuce, sorry, I meant nylon covered, not nylon coloured wire. Although you can buy it coloured!
Penny.

3/09/2007 10:03 AM  
Blogger Gretel said...

I always realise how little I get out when I read about your adventures, especially with interesting sounding exos like the ingido one...

3/11/2007 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home