Monday, March 26, 2007

Presents galore!


























































Hi,
These are just some my wonderful birthday presents!
At the top is a watercolour card that my mum made me it is inspired by a pair of swedish curtains i was bidding for on eBay, but lost. Next is the present from my dad, it is a whole set of attatchments for my drill. After that are the trims and buttons that Dons ; http://www.countryhouseantiquetextiles.co.uk/ added to the package my mum bought, which was full of wonderful vintage fabrics my for my patch work quilt that i am making, which is in the next photo. Finally is the hand knitted scarf which my mum commissioned from our friend Sybille : www.magpiemagic.blogspot.com
Thankyou!
Toby.







9 Comments:

Blogger natural attrill said...

Dons, what are the little round sewn fabric things you included in the trims package?
Penny.

3/26/2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger The fabric of my life said...

I'm glad Toby liked his fabrics. I can't wait to see what he makes with it.

The round things are called Sussex puffs or yo-yo's (in USA) and can be used for all sorts of things. They are most commonly used in quilting. I use them (sewing side up) with a button on and felt leaves and make a flower then put a pin at the back and turn it into a corsage or put them on bags.

3/26/2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger Soozcat said...

Lovely stuff Toby. Hope your birthday was wonderful.

3/27/2007 8:14 AM  
Blogger Sara Garrard said...

Happy Birthday Toby! Have a good'en

3/27/2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Pea said...

Great presents Toby. Hope all is well with your family x

3/27/2007 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you, hope you had a good day and that your Father and Grandmother are both well on the way to recovery.

3/27/2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger Karen Jinks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOBY!! Karen and Kamal xxxx

3/27/2007 9:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A belated happy birthday! Hope all is well. I LOVE the little kids in the country fabric. Your quilt is looking great too!

3/28/2007 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what great prezzies! Love the tea-time fabric!Happy birthday Toby! :-)

3/28/2007 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home