Friday, April 06, 2007

Remade In Hebden












HI!
Last night (thursday) there was a remade in hebden exhibition in one of 'my' shops :- Spirals. There was allsorts of things in there including things made from forks, old coins, and even old curtains! I had some of my Vintage Button Bracelets there, which were displayed in a glass case with candles and other button jewellery.
To notify the 'general public' (or anyone not-so-general, that happened to walk past!) of this there was a sign in one of the front windows, saying 'remade in hebden', where all of the exhibitors made a letter to do with their work. Mine is the 1st R! There is a photo of the shop front first, including a reflection of my mum, and myself, then a close up of my 'r'. We made it with buttons and fimo beads wich represented what we had in that exhibition pretty well.
Next is a photo of the items displayed in the shop front, in the middle is a leaflet about the exhibition, and one of my bracelets. After that are pictures of the bracelets themselves, displayed in reclaimed boxes, and on a woven boat-thing, which was not used on the night.
Well, I hope i sell something!
Bye,
Toby.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good idea! Fingers crossed for you. :-)
Sue

4/06/2007 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool shop - wish we had something like that down here! Good luck - I'm sure you will sell something.
Caroline

4/06/2007 5:53 PM  
Blogger Niki Fretwell said...

Good Luck Toby!
You are sure to sell something over the Easter weekend!
The display looks wonderful.

4/07/2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Cllo Toby, I hope lots of people buy your work, nice to be able to catch a glimpse of you and your Mum. I used to wear a jaket with loads of badges when I was about your age...watch out you might turn into a crazy artist...hmm...are you one already? ;-)

4/08/2007 4:57 PM  
Blogger Gretel said...

Brilliant Toby, the display looks great - good luck with it. I have searched and searched for instructions for your hemmer, but I'm afraid I've drawn a blank. If it were a 'proper' sewing machine, I could find an online manual, but I think because it is a 'gadget' then it's more or less impossible. I did find one for sale on ebay which was in its original box, there were picture instructions on it - the only thing I can think is to keep your eyes peeled for one and buy that, if its got how to use it then you'll have a spare.
I have failed...sorry!

4/09/2007 10:28 AM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

HI Gretel,
Thanks for trying anyway!
Toby.

4/09/2007 11:01 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

what a lovely shop. i hope you get loads of sales and interest in your jewelery toby. i really like how they have got people to make the 'remade' title-well done on your 'r'.
dx

4/10/2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home