Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Surreal, London, crochet and knotted hemp






It is school half term and Toby and I went on the train to visit my Dad, on the way we stopped off in Central London and went to the Victoria and Albert Museum in South Kensington to see the Surrealist exhibition, have a look here:



Then we met up, for the first time, with blogging friend Sybille, and her son Ben. We had a lovely couple of hours together chatting, looking in the museum shop, having tea and cake.


Sybille was wearing one of the hemp, bead and button bracelets I made her. You can see them in the pics here, one in slate greys and blacks, the other in greens, to match the lariat necklace she has already. I made these myself !! not Toby, though they are in his style. Toby and I decided that I had had enough 'jewellery payment' for the moment, and I'd already agreed to give Sybille 2 hemp bracelets in part payment for a green scarf she is knitting me, so I had to make them myself !


The first image here is of a beautiful black crochet wire necklace that I bought from Sybille when we met, I wore it all day, and out that evening for dinner with my Dad! Sybille makes the most wonderful creations, have a look on her blog: http://magpiemagic.blogspot.com/ Have a scroll down to 'New Crochet Collection' posted 12 April, and you will also see the necklace, bracelet, and earrings set that I also bought, named 'Scheherazade'. The pieces are so delicate and even more lovely in real life!


5 Comments:

Blogger Magpie Magic said...

Hi Penny,

Ben and I had a great time too. :-) I am glad you and Toby enjoyed it as well. It was great meeting you in person and 'putting a face to the voice in all those mails'...

Thanks for the plug to my blog. I am so pleased you like the jewellery you bought. It's so lovely to see something you spent time and effort creating on someone who appreciates it. :-)

Take care,

Sybille

5/30/2007 10:45 PM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

I love the crochet necklace, going to check out the website now. That tooth is just so cute. I love that new jewellery that Toby is making, its beautiful, may be one day.

5/31/2007 5:25 AM  
Blogger Karen Jinks said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I hadn't looked at Sybilles blog for a while, that crochet necklace is beautiful, as are yours Penny!!

6/01/2007 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh Penny I had no idea that you were as talented as Toby when it came to the jewellery, you are such a multi talented family.

6/01/2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger natural attrill said...

Thank you Caroline! but really all I did is copy Toby. To be honest, I find it all rather fiddley to do myself.
Penny.

6/01/2007 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home