Friday, August 17, 2007

Reference cards

This is a photo of the shelving unit in my studio, next to my drawing board (you can see the desk lamp leaning over the drawing board). I work here everyday, as a self employed commercial artist. My work thesedays is quite varied, from designing toys, to gift bags, books, packaging, basically anything that pays me enough to make a living. When I first started out, and untill the last couple of years, the bulk of my commissions were to illustrate ranges of greeting cards. Here, in this photograph, you can see, in the pale grey boxes, greeting cards that I have collected over the years for reference, all sorted into catagories, for example, boxes full of male (cards suitable for a man), female, wedding, valentine, baby, christmas, etc etc.
Toby has a small desk next to mine in the studio, where he makes his jewellery.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

woah! that is serious collecting Penny!!

8/20/2007 9:54 AM  
Blogger Karen Jinks said...

oooh that looks like a real treasure trove, I've got a while to go before I have that many!

8/21/2007 6:44 AM  
Blogger French Fancy... said...

how nice to be side by side like that.

8/31/2007 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home