Thursday, September 13, 2007

Toby retrospective!

Looking through a cd of old images I came accross this, which Toby made when he was 9. (click to enlarge and see in more detail)
He created quite alot of 'arrangements' to photograph on our kitchen floor at that time and I think they are fab! Look at the way he has fanned out the spring onions and lined up the almonds alongside, and also all the little coffee beans in a stripe along the cucumber. That reminds me, I saw some lovely produce pics on Tara's blog recently, have a look: http://www.tlcillustration.blogspot.com/

9 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

Lovely, very autumnal/harvest festivally - reminds me of that artist/old master who did the vegtable portraits, can't remember his name now.

9/13/2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh! yumalicious!

9/13/2007 9:50 AM  
Blogger French Fancy... said...

If Toby doesn't end up as some hotshot designer, then there is no justice! To have created that at nine years old - wow.

9/13/2007 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toby's creative eye is truely amazing! The blog here is one of my favourite places to have a tea-break! Helz x

9/13/2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Giuseppe Arcimboldo 16 century italian, check it out Toby, you creative volcano you!

9/13/2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Pea said...

This looks fantastic Toby. Like the way you kept colours together, like the satsumas and carrots. A rainbow of fruit!

9/13/2007 10:53 AM  
Blogger Caroline B said...

That's amazing - wish I had you in one of my art classes, Toby!

9/13/2007 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a card design to me.

9/14/2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Sara Prebble said...

Its like an art attack - great stuff toby!

10/02/2007 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home