Wednesday, November 07, 2007

dangled felts with button



Hi,
I was commissioned to make these brooches for a shop in Hebden Bridge. The great thing about this shop is that they buy the jewellery from me, rather than having it on sale, or return.
The felt bases of the brooches are made by wetting the merino wool-tops, then rolling them round, and round in your hands, until felted. The 'dangles' are made from hemp, and various reclaimed, and bought beads.
I then chose a pretty button to go in the centre, and sewed the whole thing together with a brooch pin on the back.
I've still got 3 more left to make!
If anyone would like to buy one, these in particular, are reserved, but i can make them in any colour or style - email me at; info@naturalattrill.co.uk
Toby.

9 Comments:

Blogger Pea said...

Toby, I love this brooch! How much are you selling them for? Email me if you like. :-)

11/07/2007 8:38 PM  
Blogger Caroline B said...

I don't know what it is about these, but I just love them! Well done on your commission Toby.

11/08/2007 7:05 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I love it when you use felt mixed in with beads and buttons

11/08/2007 7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very orginal design I especially like the muted colours of the first one.

11/09/2007 5:14 PM  
Blogger Gretel said...

Yes, the first one was the one I liked best too, very nice.

11/09/2007 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the subtle colour mixes and simple unfussy design of these. Very nice.
Yvonne

11/09/2007 7:13 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

OOoh! Love these - hope you sell lots!

11/10/2007 12:25 AM  
Blogger Lunabee said...

These are gorgeous Toby, I bet they sell like hotcakes!

11/10/2007 10:50 AM  
Blogger Catherine Hayward said...

They're great :)
Very tricky to make felt circles like that too!
I'll tell my mum to look out for your things next time she goes to Hebden Bridge

11/10/2007 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home