Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tiddley blue dish


This is a tiny blue dish i recently made at my ceramics class. I made it by flattening out a circle of clay and then pressing it over an up-turned underglaze pot to make the shape, it was then biscuit fired. I sanded it smooth and gave the outside a coat of matte black glaze and the inside a coat of light blue glaze. After a second firing i decided it needed another coat of glaze, and i also sprinkled some crushed blue glass in the bottom, and it was fired, yet again!
Toby.

7 Comments:

Blogger Erica-Jane said...

That's a super cute dish, Toby!
It reminds me of one of those rocks that have loads of quartz crystals inside...do you know what I mean? It's lovely!

Hello Toby's mum! How are you??
I'm glad you liked Eustasia :0)

Erica
xoxo

1/30/2008 11:10 PM  
Blogger Caroline B said...

I think this is my favourite of all your ceramics - love the blue centre.

1/31/2008 7:02 AM  
Blogger Helz Cuppleditch said...

Fabulous Toby. Helz x

1/31/2008 9:59 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

lovely toby. it looks like water bubbling. dx.

1/31/2008 9:46 PM  
Blogger tlchang said...

Is there any art form or media that you *don't* do Toby?

2/01/2008 1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely wobbly pot, Toby! So organic! It reminds me of those big round stones that they cut open and find a world of crystals inside. (Are they called vugs?) Good idea with the glass.

2/01/2008 1:48 PM  
Blogger Pea said...

Looks gorgeous Toby. Really nice colour. How long is your ceramics class on for?

2/10/2008 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home