Wednesday, February 27, 2008

floods and quakes

This is a photograph from our local newspaper, of Toby and some friends walking through the floods a couple of weeks ago. They were all sent home, late morning, on the school bus, but after a few miles, the bus couldnt go any further, so let some of the kids off, and then turned around to take most of them back to school again. Toby and co decided they would prefer to walk a few miles home through the floods rather than go back to school for afternoon lessons. He arrived home soaked from head to toe - quite an adventure!
Last night we were awakened by a loud noise and the most scarey sensation of our house moving, didnt know what it was untill this morning when we found out there had been an earthquake.
Anyway, back to jewellery, this evening Toby went to a jewellery workshop to learn a new technique, no doubt he will show you soon....

7 Comments:

Blogger tlawwife said...

I can't believe they let them off. That would be very frowned upon here these days.

2/28/2008 4:45 AM  
Blogger Gretel said...

Good for Toby and co, great to know that there's still some get-up-and-go in the younger generation. Scary earthquake, we only had a tiny tremor here which I slept through - would have been totally freaked if we'd had it as bad as you!

2/28/2008 9:34 AM  
Blogger Caroline B said...

It's the end of the world you know! What's next for your neck of the woods, the rain of fire?

2/28/2008 1:52 PM  
Blogger Soozcat said...

Oh, I was going to ask whether you'd felt the earthquake! I was talking with my mom earlier this morning and she mentioned it. Hope there wasn't much by way of damage...

As a born Californian and transplanted Washingtonian, I've learned to take most quakes in stride--but England isn't exactly known for them.

2/29/2008 12:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Penny. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am very near you, Blackburn, Small world!!

2/29/2008 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather get wet than face an afternoon of lessons as well!
I think I would have slept through the "quake" if my husband hadn't woken me, but we are a bit further away from the epicentre than you.
Carolyn
http://willowhouse.typepad.com

2/29/2008 10:05 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Walking through the floods looks fun, and a rememberable walk hope, We did not feel the earth quake down here

3/03/2008 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home