The (yet to be finished) pearl of my eye.
This pendant was based around a victorian blown glass doll's eye, and some half-drilled cultured pearls i have salvaged from various earrings. I still haven't glued down the eye / smoothed the setting, yet.
I made the base for the top of the pendant last time i had a workshop, by flattening some twisted wire. Then, to set the pearls, i drilled holes where i wanted them to be, then melted the bottoms
of 4 pieces of wire to form a blob, poked the wire through the holes (leaving the blob at the bottom (see photo 5)) and glued the pearls in place.
To make the eye "socket" i cut a strip out of brass and made it the same shape/size as the eye and soldered the ends together. i then soldered that to another piece of sheet brass and cut round the edge, and ground down the excess.