Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fame at last............again



CLICK ON LETTER ABOVE TO ENLARGE
In may 2008 Dickinson's Real Deal came to Todmorden to do a filming session, so naturally i thought why not take some bits along? So i took a selection of vintage and antique jewellery, and some 'not-quite-scrap-more-chavvy-crap' gold jewellery, that i had collected at car-boots etc. for very little money, none of the old stuff was of any real value or interest, but the they said that they had a dealer who bought scrap gold, and so i went over to the table, and did the deal! Unfortunately the only piece of 'my' jewellery that we had with us at the time was a polymer clay fish necklace that my mum was wearing, so that was filmed to, and i said a bit about myself, what i make, and, to encourage me the dealer gave me that day's market value and i made about £60 profit! - so i got a really good deal!
The program is on ITV 2pm on the 23rd of this month, if anyone happens to be around! let me know if you spot me!
Toby.
x



17 Comments:

Blogger Karen Jinks said...

That fabulous Toby, I shall do my best to watch it!!

1/17/2009 5:20 PM  
Blogger Catherine Hayward said...

Great, I'll see if I can catch it :)

1/18/2009 12:33 AM  
Blogger Caroline B said...

How exciting! Will try and remember to watch it.
C.x

1/18/2009 7:16 AM  
Blogger Magpie Magic said...

Wow, how exciting. I'll try and remember to watch it. :-)

S.

1/18/2009 1:19 PM  
Blogger Pea said...

Hi Toby,

I'll be at work but might be able to watch a repeat on digital tv.

Looks like you've been making loads of great stuff, I've sent your mum an email, sorry it's been so long!

Keep up the brilliant work,

Pea x

1/20/2009 8:09 PM  
Blogger Pea said...

Hi Toby,

I'll be at work but might be able to watch a repeat on digital tv.

Looks like you've been making loads of great stuff, I've sent your mum an email, sorry it's been so long!

Keep up the brilliant work,

Pea x

1/20/2009 8:09 PM  
Blogger Soozcat said...

Congrats, Toby! I don't get ITV here, but I'm very pleased you got on the program.

1/21/2009 9:07 AM  
Blogger Gretel said...

I'll make sure I tune in, and let Andy's mum know too.

1/21/2009 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll catch it on iplayer on Monday! Well done you!

1/21/2009 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great Toby, will be watching!

1/21/2009 9:15 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

well done! i missed it! hope to see you both in 2009. its been way too long. how about mid/end of feb? thanks for the comments of support on my blog. i am still trying to write a story but not trying that hard, just letting it flow from the pencil. dx.

1/21/2009 11:33 PM  
Blogger clare said...

Well done, Toby! I'll be watching on Catch Up, because I will be out with Chichi when the programme is broadcast.

'Looking forward to seeing more of you wonderful creations this year, too. : )

1/22/2009 8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

woo woo! Well done Toby....will try and look out for you.

1/22/2009 9:52 AM  
Blogger Catherine Hayward said...

What a pretty penny you made! Nice hat. Ah, fame! :-)

1/23/2009 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was impressed wasn't he! (Rightly so!) Think you made the best profit... Excellent

1/24/2009 9:27 AM  
Blogger tlchang said...

Congrats! On your continuing fame and glory (wish I could have see you over here in yonder states...)

1/27/2009 8:36 AM  
Blogger clare said...

Unfortunately, the programme is not available to watch on line, or on Catch Up, so I've missed it : (

1/27/2009 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home