Sunday, January 11, 2009

jewellery revisited

click on photo's to enlarge and view in greater detail
Those of you who follow this blog will find both of these pieces familiar. Toby has reworked them both for me.
Firstly the multi chain bracelet, which he has enlarged, and also added more poppers, curtain rings and beads. This piece is very much 'me', I love it's quirkyness!
Secondly, 'Pacman 'n pearls'. The Pacman you have seen before, it is made from a silver 3d piece from 1920, the year my father was born, set on some hand rolled silver. My Dad gave the 3d to Toby, so it is extra special and personal to our family. I asked Toby if I might have it, so he made it into a necklace for me, using a string of vintage pearls with a lovely little diamonte clasp, and adding special danglies and a safety chain too.
I am so lucky to have an 'inhouse jeweller' !!
Penny.

9 Comments:

Blogger Magpie Magic said...

Hi Penny,

Both pieces are fab, and very much 'you'. I can see why you'd love them, especially with all the memories attached to them. That's what jewellery should be about. It should be meaningful.

Take care, Sybille x

1/12/2009 2:30 PM  
Blogger Caroline B said...

I always liked that bracelet - now it's even better! Glad the Pacman stayed at home, especially with it's memories.

1/13/2009 7:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice new jewellery Toby :0))

1/13/2009 9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous,you are indeed lucky, Penny!

1/13/2009 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both pieces look so good. I simply love it.

1/14/2009 10:02 AM  
Blogger Soozcat said...

The threepence Pac-Man is wonderful!

1/14/2009 10:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That Pac-man necklace is cool, love the quirkiness as well!

1/16/2009 8:04 PM  
Blogger tlchang said...

You are terribly lucky! I have so many pieces that need to be turned into jewelry - in that mythical place where I have time and energy. I need a Toby!

1/27/2009 8:34 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

i love the bracelet too and the necklace is v. special

:-)

2/15/2009 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home