Monday, May 11, 2009

incredibly(, upcycledly, silverly) spesh....


...al...!
This necklace is made with some of my collection of vintage sterling (a couple are 80% from the continent) silver rings, 6 silver trace chains, 6 sterling silver vintage st. christophers, and a silver toggle!
[click on image to make biggerer]
I really like the way this necklace hangs when worn. The weight of the rings makes that half hang in a more fluid curve, where the lighter chains hang more vertically, which in turn, make the saint christophers hang towards one side!
Let me know what you think!
Toby.
=]

5 Comments:

Blogger SueC said...

Very. Very. nice. I like the asymmetry. You just keep getting better and better. Well done! :-) I am gradually collecting your pieces because I am convinced you will be very famous one day ;-)

5/11/2009 10:04 PM  
Blogger Caroline B said...

Now this certainly is special - fantastic idea to combine all these elements. Wish I could see it actually on someone as well!

5/12/2009 6:32 AM  
Blogger Magpie Magic said...

This is very special indeed. I love the quirky combination. Caroline is right though, it would be good to actually see it on someone.

5/12/2009 7:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is quite unique! Great idea using actual rings

5/15/2009 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Yvonne said...

Love the use of the rings and the way they are joined. Great design Toby.

5/17/2009 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home